Security online

We've all seen it!  Doing some online shopping at home or googling some information about a product and next thing you know, you have adds appearing on your facebook site, or popups or sometimes even text messages from unknown places wanting you to subscribe to updates.  If it appears sinister, that's because it probably is!  I have already used MyPermissions.org to clean up apps and subscriptions on my computer and will do the same on my phone.  It was something really useful I found out about through The University of Edinburgh's 23 things of digital literacy, which I have been finding very interesting.

Taking care online is already as important as taking care of yourself when you go out - not walking down dark alley ways on your one etc.  The more aware we all are, the better!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RMIT Online Coop Bookshop

RMIT University Library - Easy Cite

Children's book Council of Australia - book of the year short list